13.6.17

This Is Your Poem


Aaand I made another one. Yes, it's true. I'm so talented that I wrote two poems on the same day, one immediately after the other. My gosh, the world is so lucky to have me. LOL.

Ego aside, I'm just so in the mood to write right now. Blame it on Lang Leav...and korean drama. LOL! Anyway, this one has the usual theme. About new but unwanted feelings and the effort to contain it, but the walls are weak and begin to crumble down...so she expresses through writing. ;)

P.S. The title is a tweaked version of the line from Elton John's "Your Song."

***

I didn't expect you.
I didn't expect my reaction to your presence.
Just standing there,
Etching your name on my skin with every stare.

I didn't want you.
Not even when you opened your heart.
Not until you stood in my way,
revealing your thoughts with your eyes.

I regret looking through you.
I regret seeing the uncertainty, the plea.
Your eyes begged for mine to give you answers;
and I felt compelled to respond.

You've entrapped me and you don't even know.
Or are you feigning ignorance?
I've wandered too far into your territory;
and I find myself in a labyrinth of truths and denials.

I want to escape from you,
yet I'm the one embracing you.
I'm enchanted by your subtlety;
how you speak loudly in your silence.

I sense I'll keep writing about you,
in place of words I will not let you hear,
in place of smiles I will not let you see.
Let my pen walk you through the answers you seek from me.

***

GIF from https://www.tumblr.com/search/i%20like%20you%20gifs

No comments: