14.12.12

Travel Stories: What Else, Davao? (River Tubing)


So I'm obviously experiencing a lull--lakwatsa-wise--the past few months. This isn't entirely surprising though, given my current (un)employment status. Which is why, for lack of exciting current events in my life, I will just post this old edited video of our river tubing adventure last September.


Back in August my college friend, Nuha disrupted my otherwise peaceful bum life when she warned informed me of her planned visit to Davao w/ a couple of friends. Being her Nuha self, she had already done her research and just filled me in on their itinerary...and that was when I learned about river tubing. (Yes, she knew more about Davao activities than I did... but let's not compare, okay? Okay.)


River tubing in Davao is organized by Layak Outdoors, and we booked for September 1st.  I also dragged my cousins along with me since we had to form a group of six (6) to be booked. Days before, I started reading other blog entries for tips on what to expect/bring/PRAY on this adventure. Though nothing could really prepare you for the actual experience. NOTHING.



Was it exhausting? Well, let me put it this way: When we got home my cousins and I were glued to the couch/bed/floor, and I had muscle aches on parts of my body that I've never used before. There you go.



But was it as fun as it looks? HELL YEAH! I personally think it's more fun than white water rafting, most probably since in this, you drift through the river individually rather than in a group.  So whether or not you get to the end of the route alive, is all up to you. That should satiate your thirst for thrill, right?



Anyway, enough talk, just watch the video to get an idea of what river tubing is about



Photos and video clips c/o Layak Outdoors

Music bed: Mustache Man by Cake


By the way, special mention to Layak guides for saving our lives multiple times during tubing...especially when they pulled me back to the group when my tube seemed to take me to a different route. :D