3.10.11

LOST in TRANSPORTATION

Well, today was fun. :)

I left my car at the service center yesterday to have the dent fixed (don't ask). Since I've started driving I haven't commuted as frequently as before. It was perfect timing, really, I had the repair scheduled right when typhoon Quiel was about to make landfall. So when I left the center , the huge umbrella that I've always kept at the back of the car came in handy. But I had to live with the mocking stares from people as I looked like a walking umbrella trying to hire a cab.

But anyway, today's the beginning of a carless week (or weeks, if luck would have it). Since it was still raining hard anyway, I planned on just spending the day indoors. But then my roommate got bored and insisted we go to that sale at the World Trade Center. Yes, at the World Trade Center. At Pasay City. While it's raining.

I was hesitant at first (for obvious reasons) but I was becoming too much of a slob at home so I obliged.

We planned on taking the bus but for lack of confidence in me by my so-called friend and roommate, she decided we take a taxi instead. I knew which bus to ride (it's the LRT-AYALA-LEVERIZA bus, just in case you doubt my wide knowledge of the matter) and I wanted to practise commuting since I will be doing it for about 5 more days. I even bought a freakin' umbrella. But part of me didn't want to cross the wet overpass in EDSA, so I followed her to the taxi queue. 

After a P250 ride we arrived at the WTC. Lo and behold, there was NOTHING worth buying in there. And turns out we can only pay either cash or through a certain credit card. Total waste of time. So we decided to vent out our frustration on a nearby Chicboy branch instead, and ordered Cebu lechon liempo. Definitely calmed us down. LOL.

But here begins our adventure. We decided to finally take the bus home, and I knew the LRT-AYALA buses make a U-turn right at the WTC, so I thought it would go back the same route already. I flagged one down and dragged my roommate inside despite her protests that the bus sign didn't say "Ortigas." And while we were on our seats, she joked, "Walang nakasulat na Ortigas! Baka naman umabot tayo sa Baclaran nito ha.

I thought for a minute, then let out a very hearty laugh. 

Because her joke was funny. 

Because it was true. 

I completely forgot that the LRT-AYALA buses still have to go to Baclaran! And before we could ask the bus to stop, it was already making its way to the flyover, and it can't stop until it gets to the other end. Perfect! My roommate looked like she wanted to kill me right there. She was panicking and I tried to calm her down so I could think. But for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. C'mon, the situation was too funny if you think about it. :D This didn't help calm my roommate, though. We got off the bus as soon as it passed the flyover. I wanted to cross the street because at that time I was SURE the right buses were on the other side. But with my being the culprit in our misadventure, my roommate didn't buy it. She demanded we walk BACK to the corner of EDSA and Roxas Boulevard. It was dark (7-ish), the streets were wet, and I was wearing slippers, but I went on to walk anyway. :-/ When we reached the corner she was waving on a jeepney going to the MRT, to which I exclaimed, "We're riding the MRT? Ayoko mag-MRT!"

I don't have anything against the MRT but I'd choose the bus over it on any day. The bus is just less stressful and less cramped. "O sige nasan ang bus mo?" she challenged.

"Ayun o!" I said, pointing at one triumphantly. As the bus came nearer I read it's sign...

Olongapo.

"Why not?" As if we weren't far enough. We both laughed and I finally gave in to her decision to take the train. As we were about to reach the MRT station we already saw buses going to Ortigas. So I convinced her to get off the jeepney and go back to riding the bus instead. She obliged, after my persuasive argument about how more convenient it would be to not go up a long flight of stairs to the station and just sit on one long ride instead. I knew she was just as elusive of any cardio-like activity as I was, so she gave in this time. So there we were, finally on the right bus, waiting to be dropped off at Megamall, and just ecstatic to know we were on familiar territory.

Way to spice up my weekend. Yup, today was fun. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I knew she was just as elusive of any cardio-like activity as I was". - EXCUSE ME??

I didn't know you posted this one. Haha. Super funny!