17.10.12

October Baby - The Music of October Baby

Probably about 80% of my music collection are from soundtracks...or are of artists whom I first heard in soundtracks. I've always been fascinated at how whoever does the musical scoring finds the right songs suited for a film. For me, music and movies are interconnected. So much so that sometimes, when I hear a certain song, a random scene immediately plays out in my head. Am I weird yet?

Anyway, as I was once again bored to my wits in my room, I looked for movies that I haven't watched yet (which, you can tell, aren't that many). And then I came upon October Baby. I smelled a melodramatic genre from the synopsis, which went well with my mood at the moment, so I decided to watch it. Just as the movie was starting, Steve Moakler sings the first line to "Hesitate" in perfect unison with the visuals-- a young girl playing and running around in a vast meadow. And just like that, my attention was brought to searching for the soundtrack rather than sitting through to the end of the movie.

October Baby's producers may have either initially intended to promote the OST and the actual movie side by side (loosely a bit like Across The Universe), or hyped it as an afterthought when the songs gained interest from the movie audience...because they made a separate official website for it. I'm glad because it made my Google search effortless. :)

So here they are, the geniusly picked out songs for October Baby:

October Baby - The Music of October Baby



















Someone made a playlist on Youtube, too:

No comments: