16.11.13

Maybe I Should Have Known Better

I like a variety of music genres except metal for the following reasons:

(1) It's too noisy. I have my share of alternative rock on my playlist (for when I need to headbang the anger away) but I've never crossed towards metal because it makes my ears bleed and my head ache.


(2) I can never make out what the stoner singer is screaming singing. I enjoy good lyrics in a song as much as the melody, so I don't see the point of listening to high-pitched mumbling that you can very well get from mating neighborhood cats from the yard next to your house.


BUT, as I was looking for a particular song that had "I'm not ready" in its lyrics, I came across this one. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/modern+life+is+war/im+not+ready_20899171.html


The lines that caught my attention were these:

"But starting again is a chance that you can take. I always thought that someday we would overcome the bad luck, and from the burden the gift would come. Maybe I should have known better." - I'm Not Ready by Modern Life Is War
I searched it on Youtube (life is so easy these days) and found out it was a rock song. Listen to it here.

I never realized rock songs were deep. I just thought they were all repetitive angry lines like "DIE, DIE, YOU DIE" or something like that. I'm Not Ready proved me wrong.


I'm still not crazy about all the screaming, but I'll take time to appreciate the lyrics of metal/hard rock songs in the future.

No comments: