20.5.14

T-ARA's PARK JIYEON: NEVER EVER Underestimate A Girl In Black


There you have it.

The best thing that happened in my pop life since Britney Spears. Lol

I think I have put enough emphasis on my current obsession for the K-pop group, T-ARA.

Now their youngest, Jiyeon--and my "bias," as the k-pop community calls it--has released her solo album, and just published the music video of her 1st single, Never Ever [1min.1 sec.] today.

She really reminds me of my Britney Spears days in high school (I'm sorry but you can't argue...Brit Brit really was sensational at that time) and I just love artists who can work the dance floor, thanks to my frustrations. Ergo, Britney, Janet Jackson, Aaliyah (r.i.p.)...and now, Jiyeon.

Her voice is the husky type which I also love (never really was a fan of high-pitched tones. Sorry, Mariah), and this set just the right sexy mood for the song.

Watch the MV for appreciation. The dance version is also posted below. You just know I'm gonna learn the steps for this and dance in my concert hall a.k.a. room.






I figured that what draws me to this group is the drama. I'm always drawn to underdogs and T-ARA's current situation in the world of K-pop isn't really as favorable. Two years ago, they were involved in a tweet-banter blown so out of proportion that it almost cost them their career. They were one of the best girl groups and then just like that, they became outcasts. And don't I just love the feeling of supporting the team that needs to prove everyone wrong.

T-ARA has taken the 1st step to world RE-domination when they made their comeback last October with Number 9 (one of my favorites, by the way. Awesome, awesome song and dance. Watch it here). Like they say, the bright side when you're at your lowest is there's nowhere else to go but up. And climb back up, they did. Three more songs followed Number 9, and they also maintained their presence in Japan with their new Japanese album, Gossip Girls (great album if you like upbeat songs).

Now they're taking another big leap with Jiyeon's solo act, which is to be followed by another solo from their 2nd youngest member, Hyomin. There's a risk here, given they are still re-establishing their place in the industry and the acceptance level is still somewhat unstable. But this is exactly the thrill I'm looking for. Lol.

I am so rooting for Jiyeon with this solo stint. Look, I'm even blogging about it. Like how the Mighty Ducks won that trophy at the end of the movie, I want Jiyeon and Hyomin's songs to place #1 in every chart and poll there is. And then all other succeeding T-ara songs. If that happens, then my mission here is done. *walks away ala coach Bombay*

EDIT: They had another comeback last October 2014 that put all other comebacks to shame with Sugar Free (슈가프리). Watch the MV below and prepare to be blown away with Korea's EDM
pioneers.

 

--------------------





No comments: