12.7.17

Push And Pull


I swear, I'm kinda "SHOOKT" these past few days. I can't get something out of my head. It's like that line from Ellie Goulding's song: "My heart don't understand why I got you on my mind." CHARET! Ang arte ko, bakit ba ako ganito? Hahaha! Eww, sumi-sixteen years old. Magtigil.

Anyway, of course I took it out to Spotify last night and like any other muni-muni segments of my life that's supported by background music, my new playlist brought new phrases into my head and compelled me to write something--anything that provides an outlet for feels. This is one of the reasons why I hate leaving Twitter. I'm usually able to satisfy my feels just by posting lines that I like from the songs I love. But since I can't do that anymore, I needed another venue to channel my emotions. Lels. Therefore, this. I'm not sure why I came up with this push and pull theme. Maybe because my previous entries were about avoiding feelings and being scared of making a move that my mind has had enough and chose to end the endless guessing game now. Lol. 

***
I'll take whispers
If that's the only way you can tell me
We're too close for comfort
We're too far to hear each other's hearts

I will, if you will
Say it and I'll echo your words
The same thoughts are running
Why can't we face what's obvious here

This space in between
That only courage can cut through
Tell me what you're thinking
I'll confirm what's on your mind

I will, if you will
Our someday is now
Let's say the words we need to hear
Get our doubts out of the way

I won't move if you step closer
I've waited too long to back out
Come to me without reluctance
This push and pull ends now

***

P.S. I'm also including links to the songs I've been listening to lately para damay-damay naAt siyempre naisama si kumareng Selena Gomez. ;) 


PLAYLIST



No comments: