21.5.14

It Kind of Hurt

Yeah, it stung...a little bit.

I didn't expect to feel something, what with my constant claim that I was not romantically inclined to you. I wasn't in denial. I just wasn't sure. And then I said I would stop it from becoming whatever it is becoming.

But now, knowing that you are truly, genuinely content with another, it felt like you were slowly adding bricks to the wall between us. And despite my claims, it kind of hurt. Kind of. I know it shouldn't have. There's no reason to. But there are moments I find myself shaking my head as if to throw you off my mind. It's probably just my ego. Knowing there's something--someone--I can't get. What else could it be, right?

Maybe you're doing it right. Maybe that's good for me. Keep it up while I find a distraction.
"I can see it in your eyes, why you're with [her]." - Be Alright by Vienne
"You are a shooting star to me." - Satellites by We Know, Plato!



No comments: