5.10.14

I Adore You


Ever since Miley went to the dark side, I stopped paying attention. I'm not a self-righteous prude but there's a line between sexy and tra-- ...well, over the top. I tried, but it's really hard seeing Hannah Montana licking a sledge hammer and resting her bare butt on a huge metal ball.

Although I will admit Miley's songs are very meaningful. That is, if you manage to get past her suggestive music videos and focus on the lyrics instead. However, despite the success of Wrecking Ball, I never really liked it as much as others did. Or maybe it's because too many people liked it, and I heard it everywhere...with everyone sacrificing their lungs to sing shout the chorus loud enough to wreck my balls...if I had a pair.

But earlier this evening as I was driving home, I heard Miley's voice on the radio, singing very calmly about how she loves her man more than he loves her. The song was very mellow and supposedly sweet, but it also showed a passion so overwhelming, it even had Miley thanking God for giving him to her. Amazeballs.

I have to mention that I favor love songs from male artists because somehow they convey the feeling more...truthfully (not that I know a lot about it). The plea, the hope to be allowed to love and be loved, the adoration.  As opposed to female artists who are usually just about feeling giddy, or about her own view of things. In other words, most male songs go, "You are special. Let me love you," while most female songs are "Look at me. Why don't you love me?"

Or maybe I've been listening to the wrong playlists?

Anyhoo. This one from Miley is probably the first song that hit the mark when it comes to a woman's surrender. I've heard other songs with the same message, but they felt hesitant. The willingness to submit was weak. But Miley just laid everything out on the floor with "Adore You." Baring everything, without holding back. I don't know why it hit me, the lyrics are actually just simple, but I've decided that this will be my wedding song. IF, I ever get there. Damn, my future husband is so lucky. Lol

Anyway, great job, Miley.

No comments: