20.3.15

I Want You

I'm always drawn to love songs with kind of weird melodies... something that's abundant in the indie folk genre. I have this song on my playlist ever since I heard it. The lyrics are simple and actually just looks like the person is just talking about random stuff with a girl he likes. But you feel his frustration at how the girl is oblivious to his feelings for her, and how she is trying to push him to someone else (her sister) while she also waits for another guy to come. The way the lyrics play out I'm guessing they're best buds -- my favorite type of plot in romantic stories (think Love, Rosie) -- and the guy is having a hard time getting the girl to see him as he sees her. AWW.

Anyway, the frustration can't be any clearer with this line,
"Oh my god, is it that hard for you to see that I want you!" - I Want You by Peter Bjorn and John

No comments: