16.12.15

I've Made Up My Mind

"Keep pressing rewind but I'm getting older. Tried every door, don't know who I'm looking for. I've made up my mind over and over."
Gone by JR JR

I have a new theme song in life. LOL. Just read the above lines again. How apt are they?????

To "make up your mind over and over" is to keep telling yourself that this is it -- you know what you're going to do to get your life back on track...this is the time to redeem yourself. But then something happens and you find yourself getting sidetracked. After a long while, you'll get another light bulb moment and tell yourself, "no, really, this is it. This is really it. I'm going to change for the better and go forward." And then you get sidetracked again. Repeat n times.

The last line in the chorus says, "Finally I can see the light through the leaves. But it's all gone."

Well, ain't that just spot on. Every late-bloomer's predicament -- to finally realize something and then learn that the opportunity has already flown by. The song also implies being torn between what is expected of you and who you really are. 

LE SIGH. I can't help but to lie on my bed of regrets again when I heard this song. BUT NO. I won't go back to the dark side. Erase, erase, erase. Good song though. Nice MV, too. It's a little bit morbid for me, what with bodies cutting in half and all...but still nice. Lol.

No comments: