10.12.15

Wala Ka Na Pala


"Di na ba dapat pang maghintay? Ako lang ba ang nagkasala? Kumakapit sa natitirang sana."
-Sana by Up Dharma Down
Don't you just love Up Dharma Down? I do. I love the way they write the lyrics. As if Armi is really just speaking out her feelings in an edgy, straightforward kind of way, but then still manages to make it poetic somehow. And the musical arrangement is very uniquely UDD. Just listen to the intros of Indak, Luna, and Tadhana and you'll notice how they have a different impact compared to other songs by other artists. If I ever form a band (yes, it's one of my frustrations in life), I would probably try to copy Up Dharma Down. Hahaha. I guess we know why this dream was never actualized. #copycat

Anyway, I'm obviously a fan. And I've been keeping this song on loop for the past week though I have no idea why. I just like how the lyrics grip on the emotions one feels when trying to forget someone who has clearly moved on. As they say, the real challenge of a break up is making sure you'll move on before the other does. If you fail, well, this UDD song has got your long, emo nights covered. LOL.

No comments: