23.1.16

It Didn't Happen To Me

"Oh, how you laughed at my complete lack of grace. But I could not recall a more perfect fall, 'cause when I looked up into your eyes, it didn't hurt at all."
- Be Still My Heart by The Postal Service


Aaaand I'm back with another love song.

This time from The Postal Service. This song is 10 years old, and the band has already released its last and final album 2 years ago. But it's my first time hearing it after listening to this playlist on Spotify.

I have missed this kind of sound since Owl City. A former colleague did mention before that she thinks "Owl City is a Postal Service rip-off" (verbatim), but I still didn't bother listening to them (even though a few of their other songs are somehow on my iPod). But maybe if she shoved this song in my ears I would have changed my mind and agreed.

I loved the song's ironic story. That beautiful moment when you think someone's just going to pass by you again, but s/he chose to stay and actually enjoys being there with you...unbelievably so. And you say to yourself, "I could have sworn it was all a dream, and it didn't happen to me." But it did. :)

No comments: