17.2.16

Before



Just something that came to me last night when I was about to sleep. It's kind of a wishful thinking, I guess, that someone can actually make you believe. That someone could make you turn away from your fears and not look back. :)

***

Before,
I was used to saying it all boils down to myself;
Just me, and no one else.
I had believed we all just looked after ourselves;
Every man for himself.
I was an island, and I was fine with that.

But had I known about you,
I would have changed my point of view.
Something about your eyes that assure.
You say my place is secure...
That my heart wouldn't know pain.
Even though I still doubt your sincerity, 
Everytime the fear inside me resurfaces,
You only need to hold my hand,
And I feel at ease again.
Please never change.
Please keep me.
Keep needing me,
Keep wanting me.
Please keep returning my embraces with a tighter hug.
Please keep looking at me in daze and puzzlement,
Like when you said you no longer understood why,
You just knew I've taken a part of your life -- if not all of it.
Please. Just, please.

Because I'm not as strong as I was before.
I have become vulnerable.
I have shed off my armor and bared my life,
All for your taking.
I was an island, 
But the sea brought you to me.
My willful castaway.

I may remain hesitant,
But no longer lonely.
No longer alone.
Not like before.
Not anymore.


No comments: