25.2.16

[VIDEO] Ayos Lang (An Original Song)





The list of the Top 100 entries for the 2016 Philpop Songwriting Competition is here! See the results here: http://www.philpop.com.ph/top-100-entries.html


So. I didn't make it. LOL. Oh well, at least I tried. No harm done. Congratulations to the Top 100 though. If anything, [trying to join] Philpop made me appreciate OPM even more. So expect me to feature more OPM songs on my future blog posts. ;)

That said, since the winners of the 1st round have been announced, I can now post my entries (if you're interested to listen to them, that is. Lelz).

This is the first one. If you listened to it, you'll notice I tried to dabble a bit with music arranging... to no avail. But you know, in life, you gotta push your limits a little to know if there's something better out there for you. And this is me pushing my limits.... only to find out I'm better off staying within my capabilities. LOL. But it's all good. 

The title is "Ayos Lang," and isn't it funny how apt it is to the situation? Hahaha. Anyway, the song is about -- as you may have guessed -- unrequited love. That moment when you had to admit your feelings and let go of it, all in one breath. Kind of asking the person to just let you love him until the feeling goes away. /insert walling emoji here/

Here goes.

P.S. This is the shortened version, since Philpop limited each entry to a maximum of 4 minutes.

***
Aaminin
ko sayo ang aking damdamin
Makinig ka
Ngayon ko lamang sasabihin
Mabilis lang
Di na kita aabalahin
Alam ko namang
Di mo seseryosohin

Tuwing lalapit,
Tila ba ay nasa langit
At kahit pa 
Pag-tingin moy di hihigit pa 
Sa kaibigan
Paano pa ba mapipigilan?
Nabihag na't wala nang kawala

CHORUS: 
Sapat na ang malamang ika'y masaya
Kahit pa sa piling ng iba
Wala naman akong hinihiling pa
Magmamahal na lamang mag-isa

Tanggap ko naman
Ang tibok ng puso mo'y
Para lang sa kanya
Di naman ako manhid
Na di makita
Kung paano mo siya titigan
Ganyan din ako sa'yo

'Wag mag-alala
Puso ko lang naman ang nasasaktan
Di mo naman napapansin
Di ba?
Pagsapit ng bukas
Balik na sa dati
Na parang walang nangyari

BRIDGE:
Ayos lang,
Baka naman may ibang nakatakda
Kung di ikaw, sana nama'y
Kasing lambing mo siya
Ngunit habang hinihintay,
Sana'y hayaan na
Ika'y ibigin muna
Habang wala pa siya


No comments: