7.11.15

[VIDEO] TAGUAN: AN ALDUB ENTRY (An Original Song)





I'm sure you saw this coming. It has been almost 2 months now since I became an accidental ALDUB fan. It's really funny how my world has flipped. I was in fact very skeptical about this "phenomenal love team," thinking it's just another pairing that's going to be all cutesy on TV. Until that fateful afternoon when I was stuck in my condo in Manila where I didn't have cable channels....

I usually would watch the rival show, but at that time they were doing that Pastillas Girl segment which made me cringe so I switched to Eat Bulaga. Coincidentally, Kalyeserye was up, and I stayed to watch out of curiosity. And just like that, I was hooked. I really find Yaya Dub (Maine Mendoza) endearing because she reminds me of a phase where I'd also do wacky facial expressions, especially when taking photos, so that right now I could only count the old pictures I could show to my friends. LOL. But what's more entertaining are the 3 Lolas: Jose, Wally and Paolo or collectively called JoWaPao. Their adlibs are really funny and they have very good timing with their punch lines. People say they could be the next Tito, Vic, and Joey, and I do agree (well, kind of. They are their own trio. But I do hope they become as successful as TVJ). I'm a fan!

Anyway, back to ALDUB. There is something about the half-scripted, half-real interactions that gets me swooning like a teenager every episode. Maybe it's the chemistry, or merely the challenge of guessing which of their reactions are candid and which are rehearsed. The idea of watching these two unsuspecting individuals who suddenly found themselves thrown into a love team, -- and a very popular one at that -- who probably woke up one day and realized they need to act like they like someone, without any preparation or briefing as most newly launched love teams do...how would that affect them? And to also try to guess if the other is still acting or already conveying his/her real feelings. /insert fangirl squeal here/

Diba? It must be overwhelming. It must also be frustrating sometimes. To learn to draw the line between showbiz and personal life, and between reel and real feelings (wow, alam na alam ko daw o. haha). 

Speaking of frustrations, as ALDUB has grown so big it's hardly just a love team anymore, the duo's fans have also caught the attention of Eat Bulaga. From time to time there were fan arts and original songs sprouting from the fandom (fandom = kingdom of fans or something), all inspired by Alden and Yaya Dub. As such, Eat Bulaga has opened an ALDUB songwriting contest for amateur songwriters. And guess who sent her entry? Eh sino pa bang shameless bandwagoner dito? /ME./ 

Anyway, I just sent it for the sake na may masend. If you listen to it you'll probably say "so yan ang ipanglalaban mo?" LOL. May ubusan pa ng hininga na nangyari. I have seen the other REAL contenders on Youtube and to be honest para akong nangangaroling sa kalye na ang gamit lang tansan tapos tumabi ako sa Philharmonic Orchestra. Hahaha!

Kebs na. At least mapagkaabalahan ng oras ng Eat Bulaga management even if they scrap it on the first 10 seconds pa lang. :D The song is actually more on the expectations on "MaiDen" than on AlDub. It's a take on the push and pull between the real Maine and Richard, what their thoughts must be at this point of their lives, and the struggle to tame a budding real-life romance (if there is one) as they try to figure out how the other really feels. It also includes the "matamis na 'Oo'" that Yaya Dub isn't giving to Alden yet, as he still needs to prove his sincerity to her. Lyrics below.

P.S. I think this will sound better if Up Dharma Down sang it. I think. So, shout out! :) But let me just give myself a pat on the back for writing my 2nd Tagalog song. I swear, it's really hard to write in Tagalog without sounding corny or too matalinghaga. Especially when it's not my native tongue (I'm Bisaya, in case you're wondering). So in a way, this is something to be proud of. In a way. All my respect to our OPM songwriters though. 

***
Dumating ang tamang panahon
Magkaibang mundo
Sa wakas ay nagtagpo
Ngunit ang puso kong ito'y
Hindi mapakali
Sa simula pa lang ay nalito
Di malaman kung saan
Saan ang hangganan
Tapos na ba ang biruan
Dahil para sa akin may
Halo nang totohanan...

Medyo kinakabahan
Di mo ba nararamdaman?
Ako lang ba ang madalas nanlalamig
Kapag mata mo'y sa akin nakatitig?

Matapos ang ilang linggo
Aking napagtanto
Ngiti mo'y may pinagbago
Minsan ay naiisip ko
Baka di lang ako
Ang sangkot sa misteryong ito
Nung maghawak ang kamay
Ang puso mo ba'y
Hindi rin mapahinahon
Hanggang sa puntong ito'y
Nagtataguan pa ba?

Hindi na mapigilan
Tumatagos ang tinginan
Tayo na lamang ang hindi umaamin
Sa hindi maikukubli na damdamin

Ibibigay ko
Matamis kong "Oo"
Iyan ay kung gusto mo
Gusto mo na ba ako?

Tayo na lamang ang hindi umaamin
Magtataguan pa ba?
Ako lang ba ang madalas nanlalamig
O gusto mo na ba ako?

No comments: