24.1.16

This Year's Love

"If you love me, got to know for sure. 'Cause it takes something more this time than sweet lies, before I open up my arms and fall."
- This Year's Love by David Gray 
Not even 24 hours later and I already have another entry about a song. WHAT, is there a problem?

No? Okay, good.

So. David Gray. I know. Oldie track. I first heard this song in the movie Wimbledon (Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany), and the first line caught my attention instantly. A person wishing for his current love to last, and seeking the same promise from his lover. He pleads for her to be sincere, because he has been hurt before. He asks to skip the sweet talk and get to the commitment part. He has been on so many relationships before. He's had enough and wants to settle down with someone who will treasure his heart as much as he treasures hers. The wait has been too long...it's high time he meets The One. Just like my wish for this year. LOL, naisingit talaga. :)

P.S. I have guitar and piano chords for this so... consider yourself warned. :P

No comments: