24.6.16

The Lonely Flower


I finished watching this Korean drama, The Heirs (hello, Lee Min Ho, my love), and every time Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) comes out in a scene, this song with an electric guitar solo intro plays and it was stuck in my head. And then yesterday I took a picture of a flower (above) which somehow had a sad feel to it. So when I uploaded it this morning, the sad mood and the song prompted me to write this.... I'm not even sure what this is.

This could be about The Heirs, where Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) suddenly found herself in a world so different from her own.

...Or it could be someone else's story. :)

***
Have you ever seen a flower grow
So far beyond the meadow?
Did you wonder what had led it astray
Or if it chose to be lonesome?

I know a girl who's just the same
Awed by the world around her
She let her dreams take her away
Until nothing was familiar

Only when the rain soaked her feet
Did she turn around to say,
"Hold on, hold on,
this wasn't how I pictured this to be."
But she's gone too far for anyone
To wake her from her sleep 

Ah, look at the sun
It's mocking you
The culprit that seduced her with brightness
But when it leaves for the night,
Or when a cloud blocks its light
Then what is she to do?

Is a choice really a choice
When it's between staying and going?
When you can't see the beginning nor the end
Will you have courage to keep walking?

But despite it all the flower still blooms
Steal attention away from the sun
Hoping someone finally sees her 
And lead her back home

No comments: