20.6.16

The Second Chance


Why, hello! It's been a while. Not much happened, obviously, so I was merely uninspired. BUT I've just come back from a 2-week road trip with the family and somewhere in the midst of everything I missed writing. After a few days of hibernating I've come up with this piece. I don't know if it qualifies as a prose or if I would later make a song out of it (because I'm talented like that), but I'll leave it like this for now.

It's about meeting someone again from the past, and having the chance to say what you haven't said before...but thinking against it once again. Sometimes, you will have to waste opportunities to give way for the happiness of other people. Cliche as it may sound, but some things really are better left unsaid. BOOM! #whogoat! I have a tone in my head that sounds like a musical... I think I'm a little bit influenced by Anna Kendrick, since I just saw The Last Five Years. So yeah, I'll figure it out in a few days.

***
And I know it's a little desperate now
To come to you like this
But weren't we once licensed to
Just speak our minds like this

It's been a while since the last time
And I've been everywhere since
Pretended to be searching 
When I know I have found it

It's crazy how the world goes 'round
Without even knowing
That as it turns, it adds more time
To pile on a past underneath it
At least once, I've thought to dig it up
So it's never forgotten
But everytime I do, I'm reminded that
It wouldn't make a difference

At least, not to you...
Would it?

So anyway, here we are
You're once again beside me
With a smirk that scolds the fate that brought
Us right up to this moment
In fate's defense, it was I who asked
And this was but a favor
I know I've said goodbye before
With the promise to walk farther

But I know it's a little too late now
To come to you like this
I can see her coming nearer,
Just steps from where we're standing

So before she recognizes me
I'll say what I've been meaning...

Are you happy?
That's good to hear.
I just came to say I remember my promise,
So go...don't keep her waiting
And I'll walk the other way....

No comments: