14.7.16

Curiosity


I needed to write this. I'm also slightly reminded of my other entry, La Douleur Exquisewhich by weird coincidence, was written around the same time last year. It was a different experience but both revolve around curiosity. The first was a curiosity about what could happen, while here the curiosity is about why I'm even drawn to someone something...when there shouldn't be any reason in the first place...

...right?

Right. Anyway, this is about a futile attempt at going against feelings. But we all know that the minute you become even the slightest bit interested...the moment you become curious, you'll find yourself on a one-way street. John Mayer knew it. Selena Gomez sang it:

"You love who you love."
"The heart wants what it wants."

So I don't know why we even try resisting. LOL.

***
What are you?
A flicker of light
From the corner of my eye
Too faint to be worthy of my time
But somehow I
Feel the need to find you

What are you?
The scent of spring 
From someone's skin
A fragrance vague within the mist
But somehow I
Feel the need to follow you

Something pulls me to you
And it leaves me confused
Why I'm here,
Staring at the riddle that you are
There's a beat I'm missing
This uncertain yearning
I have every reason not to,
But I want to know you

What are you?
The sound of droplets
From a distant rain
And suddenly my mouth feels dry
Now somehow I
Need to chase you

Who are you
To cause an unwitting smile
Across my lips?
There's no one else
Who's had me so perplexed
But you.

Just you.






No comments: