19.4.17

Both Hands


Wala lang. :) I figured I've been writing too many poems about heartaches and unrequited feelings, blah, blah. So I went for something more...reciprocated(?) today. I'm kind of singing this in my head while writing it, but I'll probably just leave it like this. I'm so lazy to pick up my guitar these days. Though it's not as if anything amazing will come out if I did. LOL.

***
The sand in the hourglass
is almost run out
and that's when you came to flip it
I laughed at the circumstance
who would have guessed
Love would come at the last minute

And I have never been
on this side before
I have never known
that stars could brighten some more
Now that I've seen it
I think I'll keep it

With both hands
as if it was water
Both hands 
as if it were sand
Both hands on your face
as if you were made out of glass
I've never held onto something
But this time I will with both hands

One foot out the door
In case of a heartbreak
I stand near the fire escape
At arm's length away
One hand enlaced with his
The other ready to run away

'Cause I've never been
a good enough reason
All that I've known
is that nobody's asked me to stay
But you came 
and held me

With both hands
as if I was water
Both hands 
as if I were sand
Both hands on my face
as if I was made out of glass
I've never held anyone's heart
But this time I will with both hands

***

PHOTO Credit: Background image created by Freepik

No comments: