17.10.17

Push And Pull feat. Artwork by Ellie (a re-post)



Sometimes, you don't really need to put your works of art out into the world. All you need is to connect with the right people who share the same passion for creativity and artistic expression--be it through poetry, music, or visual arts. And yes, I just proclaimed myself a member of the artistic crowd. Lels. 

BUT let's talk about the real artist here. The drawing above is a work by no less than Ms. Ellie Bañez, my very talented former officemate, whom you probably remember from the artwork for The Admission. I cannot thank Ellie enough for offering to collaborate with me (collaborate daw oh!) and for using my poems as inspiration for her drawings. This is exactly the kind of exchange that feeds your creative soul. Ganito kaming mga artists mag-brainstorm. CHAR. 😂 Thanks again, Ellie! Looking forward to more of your drawings!

The above artwork is Ellie's visual interpretation of the poem "Push and Pull."

***


I'll take whispers
If that's the only way you can tell me
We're too close for comfort
We're too far to hear each other's hearts

I will, if you will
Say it and I'll echo your words
The same thoughts are running
Why can't we face what's obvious here?

This space in between
That only courage can cut through
Tell me what you're thinking
I'll confirm what's on your mind

I will, if you will
Our someday is now
Let's say the words we need to hear
Get our doubts out of the way

I won't move if you step closer
I've waited too long to back out
Come to me without reluctance
This push and pull ends now

***

No comments: