8.7.18

Saved


Hi. My gosh, how long has it been since I last wrote something? I practically had to clear some cobwebs after opening this blog. Anyway I finally got the chance to listen to some music and lyrics today and I figured I needed to flex my writing muscles if I want to stay functional. Besides, I wouldn't want to give my rival, Lang Leav any advantage, would I? Lels. 

Plus, John Mayer also still tries to release new material every now and then, his most recent being New Light...WHICH I LOVE (but then again, when did I ever hate a John Mayer song?). Never mind the music video which I suspect is a product of stress and marijuana, but do check it out if you want your life to get better: John Mayer - New Light

That said, the following poem is made out of obligation to my self. I had to write this. Not just to improve my composition, but also for some kind of consolation. This poem celebrates the idea of waiting; that in the end, you'll realize that everything that happened led you to where you should be...with the person you should be with. #yown!

***
You couldn't have come at a more perfect timing
You're the end of a storm,
you're my silver lining
Just before I could turn the wrong corner
You walked in to call this chaos to order

I was blinded; you were right there
Waiting for my eyes to open
Knew exactly what I needed
The moment I let you inside

It all makes sense now
The chains on my feet were so I wouldn't fly
Because why should I
When an angel clipped his wings to be by my side

***

No comments: